Sunday, June 6, 2010

Trip to Adelaide

I'm going to Adelaide for work tomorrow. My boss called me on Friday to ask me to help out with relocating our fabrication workshop. The Adelaide workshop has been making UV disinfection units so far, but we want to expand they capability and get them involved in fabricating our larger water treatment packaged skids.

I'm the Watercare draftsman for another 2 weeks, so I'm going across to Adelaide to prepare the floor plan. I've also gonna put together the management of change forms. I've been at home preparing for the drafting and management of change forms work. The management of change forms goes into a lot of detail. I was looking up the relevant South Australian regulations.

I checked up the requirement for fire exits so I could get started right away on the layout when I arrive in Adelaide. The minimum unobstructed width of the exit route is 1 m. Orica requires 1.02m; I don't where the 2 cm comes from. Perhaps to allow for contractor measuring error.

I'm glad I'm getting the opportunity to go to Adelaide, because I've never been there. Looking on goggle maps, it's a really small city. People call it the 40 min city, because it take around 40 min. by cars to get from one side to the opposite side.


I want to see the Glenelg Beach and Rundle Mall while I'm there. Hope the company provides a car. I'll post photos in the next blog.

Anyway I better go to bed for tomorrow's flight. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment